Cyprus Permanent Residence Permit
Regulation 6(2) of Aliens and Immigration Regulations 1972-2013, based on the Aliens and Immigration Law, Cap.105, as amended, (the “Regulation”) enables non-EU nationals (including Russian citizens) to obtain a Cyprus residence permit with unlimited duration (the “Cyprus Permanent Residence Permit”).
The Program allows for the following persons to obtain a Cyprus Permanent Residence Permit:
- applicants who meet conditions set forth in the aforementioned Regulation, and
- under certain conditions, their dependants, including spouses, children and parents.
Main benefits of the Program
- The application procedure takes only a couple of months. There is also a high approval rate if all criteria are satisfied.
- Under certain circumstances, the Program allows for the whole family to obtain the Cyprus Permanent Residence Permits.
- Most of the process (except for biometric capturing) can be arranged without being present in the country.
- It is not necessary to reside in Cyprus, but….
a visit once every two years is required and after holding a permanent residence permit for seven years, you may, under certain additional conditions, apply for Cyprus citizenship by naturalization.